Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Name of this Blog is The Talking Ed

I have been pondering and wondering and thinking and many other ings as to by what method I’ll get this thing started; alas, nothing whatsoever.  Maybe its just procrastination, or the lack of desire to jot words when I could easily speak them (much better at talking…or talking too much… obviously, look at the blog’s title).  However, I realize that to get this thing going, I have to GET THIS THING GOING.  Therefore, its time to finally open up with something good, great, wonderful, honest, and pure:

             
HI


I’m oblivious as to why I even bothered to say that, so cliché.

This is the Talking Ed speaking (or just Talking Ed, losing the definitive article saves lives) and I'm here to give you my take on films, cinema, new movies, old goodies, cult classics, indies, wings, and if we're lucky, maybe some other things (see what I did there; stick around, there's more fun to come). 

In all seriousness, seriously, I’m hoping to generally review and write about:

  • New films about to come out on home video
  • Classic/aged gems you may have missed
  • Films in a series by director/theme of my choosing (or if you’re good and lucrative in some way, yours)
  • Oddities (possibly completely random selection by me…or once again, the somehow-putting-monies-in-my-pocket you)
      • I kid about me wanting money from you (lies, I want it, but you don’t have to give it to me in exchange for your participation here; that be FREE)

We’ll just play the rest by ear… or actually, we might be playing it all by ear.  I really do/will encourage any participation (critiques, comments, slander) that you’d like to bestow here.  Hopefully you find some sort of redeeming qualities in the page, and I’ll try hard (maybe my best) to make it worth your while. 

Now, TAKE ME DOWN TO THE RIVER!


That was a “Talking Heads” reference; you may find a lot of those, along with references pointing towards a talking horse.  Partially random, but not really (hint: BLOG TITLE).








No comments:

Post a Comment